Adult Medicaid & Individuals with Disabilities

DSS Home>Public Assistance>Medicaid

You may be eligible for Adult Medicaid if you are: 

-65 and older
-Blind or disabled

Your DSS caseworker will calculate your total income and resources to determine eligibility. Some of the programs that fall under Adult Medicaid include the following:

  • Community Alternatives Programs (CAP) – CAP is a Medicaid waiver program for those who are able to remain in their homes despite needing institutional care.  These clients receive additional services.
  • Carolina Access (CA) –  CA is a program that is managed by Medicaid. It provides you with a primary care provider and a medical “home” to coordinate all your medical care. If you receive Medicaid, it is mandatory that you participate in this program, unless you are a pregnant woman, foster child, CAP participant or receive Medicare.
  • Long Term Care (LTC) – Medicaid will pay for some portion of your cost of care in a long term skilled or intermediate care facility as well as medical expenses.
  • Special Assistance (SA) – SA is a program for adults who live in residential care facilities. For more information on SA and how to apply, visit our Special Assistance page.

How to apply:faqs-icon

Paper Application

Download, complete and sign the application

 Mail or Drop-Off:
Granville County Department of Social Services

410 West Spring Street
PO Box 966
Oxford, NC 27565


Email Applications:

Emailed applications will only be accepted if submitted to this email address.  


Granville County Department of Social Services
410 West Spring Street
Oxford, NC 27565

For more information about Adult Medicaid, visit:



Back To Top