Our mission is to recruit qualified employees, develop talents, and retain excellent employees.
In 2008, Granville County created a Human Resource Department for the purpose of consolidating all personnel related matters under one department. The Human Resource Department is responsible for the following:
- ensuring the County is in compliance with all applicable Federal and State labor laws
- administering all County sponsored benefits
- administering Worker’s Compensation
- ensuring consistency and fairness in the hiring of County personnel by centralizing the process
- administering and interpreting the County’s Personnel Ordinance
The Human Resources Department also aids in the negotiations of renewals of the different benefit products offered to County employees and acts as the primary source for information regarding these benefit products for employees and retirees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Granville County is an employer who agrees not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.