Contact Granville County Board of Elections (919) 693-2515
The Board of Elections works diligently to conduct fair and impartial elections and ensure that every citizen has the right to vote in an election. Board Members are appointed by the State Board of Elections with the exception of the Chairman who is appointed by the Governor.
James A. Wall Sr, Chairman
Sharyn C. Alvarez, Secretary
Kay W. Wiggins, Board Member
Donna B. Parham, Board Member
Elizabeth Torres-Evans, Board Member
Tonya C. Burnette, Director
Duties and responsibilities of the Board of Elections:
- provide statistical information to the public, students, and universities;
- produce lists and mailing labels for candidates, parties, insurance agents, and businesses;
- process voter registration forms from the public and from agencies such as Social Services, DMV, Employment Security Commission, and the library;
- appoint and train precinct election officials;
- maintain the voter registration database by removing deceased voters and felons based on state lists, and voters who have moved out of the county or state;
- educate the public by presenting information relating to voter registration and election laws;
- ensure that all polling places are surveyed and are ADA compliant;
- mail absentee ballots to civilian voters, and mail or fax absentee ballots to military voters who request them;
- provide accurate maps to the public;
- provide our community with the tools they need to learn more about elections.
For more information about the Board of Elections and their duties through the N.C State Board of Elections, please click here.
The Board of Elections Office is located at 208 Wall Street, Oxford NC 27565.