Child Support FAQs


Who is eligible for Child Support Services?
Any person who is responsible for a minor dependent child and has physical custody of said child (having legal custody or being a parent of child is not required). Any person who is owed child support arrears from an order of support from a time in the past.

Can a Non-Custodial Parent apply for services?
Yes. Child Support services are available to noncustodial parents (NCPS) who want to provide support and /or establish paternity for their children, as long as the provision of services is in the best interest of the child.

Is there a fee for child Support Services?
The standard application fee is $25.00; however, this amount may be reduced to $10.00 if the applicant’s income falls below the federal poverty level. There is no application fee for individuals receiving public assistance such as TANF, Work First or Medicaid.

How is child support obligation determined?
NCGS 50-12.4(c) requires the Conference of Chief District Judges to prescribe uniform statewide presumptive guideline for determining child support obligation. The guideline worksheet is reviewed every four years.   You can access NC Guidelines and Worksheet at

How can I check on my Child Support Payments?
Contact the NCCSS Customer Service Center at 1-800-992-9457 or to review payments and case information.

How can I check the balance on my ncKIDScard?
Call the Bancorp Bank Customer Service at 1-877-776-9759.

What if my ncKIDScard is stolen, lost or damage?
Contact Bancorp Bank Customer Service at 1-877-776-9759.  You can receive (1) free replacement card.

For additional questions please review the Child Support Handbook

To learn more about Child Support, click here.
Back To Top