All Granville County convenience sites have designated areas for co-mingled recycling. Residents can place these items together in their recycling carts and at the recycling containers located at any Granville County convenience drop-off site:

  • Beverage cartons*
  • Glass food jars* (put lids and caps in the trash)
  • Glass beverage bottles* (put lids and caps in the trash)
  • Aluminum, tin and steel cans*
  • Food boxes*, paper boxes. paper towel rolls, paper egg cartons and paper bags
  • Flattened cardboard
  • Mixed paper (office paper, glossy paper, envelopes, post-it notes, etc.
  • Newspapers, magazines, phonebooks, catalogs
  • Plastic cleaning bottles and containers* (put pumps in the trash)
  • Plastic food and beverage tubs, jugs and bottles* (keep lids and caps screwed on)
  • Plastic bathroom bottles* (put pumps in the trash)

Also accepted for recycling in separate collection areas are:

  • Used motor oil, oil filters and anti-freeze;
  • Used cooking oil;
  • Clothing, shoes and textiles;
  • Tires (Butner and Oxford sites only)
  • Electronics (Butner and Oxford sites only)
  • Yard debris (Butner and Oxford sites only)

Please click this link for information about Electronics Recycling.

Please click this link for information about managing and safely disposing of batteries.

Plastic bags and film may be recycled at your local grocery store. 

Be “cart smart!” Curbside recycling customers can learn more about what goes into the recycling cart by clicking here.


Back To Top