Work First FAQs


Do I need to make an appointment to do an application?
No, if you choose to come into the Agency to apply, it is on a first come, first served basis.

How long will it take to process my Cash Assistance or Benefit Diversion Application?
We have up to 45 days to process your application and you will be notified by letter once the application is processed.

How can I apply for Work First Cash Assistance?
You must apply In-Person at:

Granville County Department of Social Services
410 West Spring Street
Oxford, NC 27565

How can I apply for Work First Benefit Diversion?
Benefit Diversion is not a program for which you can apply. It is a cash payment alternative to traditional Work First Family Assistance that must be offered by the caseworker, based on eligibility requirements and county guidelines. It is designed to deal with a specific crisis situation or episode of need.


To learn more about Work First, click here.


Back To Top