Child Day Care FAQs


How do I apply for child care assistance?
If you are interested in child care services you may apply in person at Granville County Department of Social Services or call (919) 693-1511 for more information.

Can I choose the child day care provider for my child?
Parents are allowed to choose the child care provider that best meets their child care needs.

Will Child Care Subsidy pay for day care registration and yearly fees?

Does Granville County have a Child Care Waiting List?

Do I pay a fee for child care?
Families may be required to pay a parental fee based on the family’s gross countable monthly income. Families will pay 10% of their gross monthly income for full time child care.

How do I find a child care facility?
There are several resources to help families locate quality child care providers in Granville County:

Division of Child Development and Early Education: It offers information about the Star-rated license system for child care centers and homes and a search page for finding a licensed child care provider. There is also a link to “How to Choose Good Child Care”.

Call the Child Care Resource and Referral of Franklin-Granville-Vance Partnership for Children Smart Start at
(252) 433-9110

Call the Granville County Department of Social Services at (919) 693-1511 to speak with a Child Care Social Worker for more information.

To learn more about Child Day Care, click here.
Back To Top