What is Community Watch?
Community Watch is a crime prevention program that involves citizens working together with law enforcement to reduce crime in their communities.
The goal of Community Watch is to make criminals aware that every move is being watched and will be reported to law enforcement.
How to Start a Community Watch:
- Contact the Granville County Sheriff’s Office to assist with information and materials.
- Schedule a meeting with your neighbors and law enforcement.
- Contact residents in the community to make everyone aware of the Community Watch program.
What should you be on the lookout for?
- Someone yelling for help
- Someone looking in windows of houses/vehicle
- Vehicles moving slowly through the community