To help celebrate this important milestone in Granville County’s history, a collectible coin is now available and is being offered for sale to the public.
Measuring 1.7 inches in diameter, the heavyweight metal coin features the distinctive 275th Anniversary logo design on the front, with the highlight being the Granville County flag. On the flipside of the coin is an engraved image of the iconic Granville County Courthouse, which was completed and open to the public in 1840.
- Butner Town Hall, 415 Central Avenue
- Camp Butner Museum, Soldiers Sports Arena, 416 24th Street
- Lake Holt, 1200 Lake Holt Road
- Quality Drugs, 309 Central Avenue
- Creedmoor City Hall, 111 Masonic Street
- Creedmoor Drugs, 108 South Main Street
- South Branch Library, 1550 South Campus Drive
- Butner-Creedmoor News, 109 South Elm Street
- County Administration Building, 104 Belle Street
- Granville County Historical Society Museum, 1 Museum Lane
- Chamber of Commerce, 124 Hillsboro Street
- Richard H. Thornton Library, 210 Main Street
- Berea Branch Library, 1211 US Highway 158
- Oxford Public Ledger, 200 West Spring Street
- This ‘n That, 125 Main Street
- Oxford Ace Hardware, 119 Hillsboro Street, Oxford
- Granville County Animal Shelter, 515 New Commerce Drive
- Stovall Branch Library, 300 Main Street
- Stovall Town Hall, 107 Main Street
Each coin is individually wrapped in a protective plastic casing. Coins can also be ordered online for pick-up at the County Administration Office, 104 Belle Street in Oxford, or to be mailed with shipping fees added to the purchase price. Online purchases also incur a small convenience fee. Click here to access the ordering page.
For more information, contact the Granville County Administration at (919) 603-1308.