Before constructing a pond, you may need to contact your Soil and Water District Office for an assessment.
Six reasons to call BEFORE pond construction:
- Determine the primary purpose of the pond.
- Determine if the site is suitable for a pond.
- Establish if permits are needed.
- Determine if the soils are suitable.
- Determine if there is an adequate watershed.
- Establish the size of the pond.
For more information about pond construction and permit information, visit the NC State Cooperative Extension site here.