Granville County Government cares about its citizens. Partnering with Granville Vance Public Health, we are working to provide helpful and timely information to our residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the nation learns more about Coronavirus disease, Granville Vance Public Health has been providing guidance and information to Granville County Government, as well as to the public. For updates and safety recommendations, please visit their website at https://gvph.org/.
For statewide updates, a COVID-19 web portal has been launched to centralize resources from a wide range of state agencies. The new site includes information about public health, unemployment, courts, child care, small business assistance and more, and can be accessed at nc.gov/covid19. Please refer to this new site for updates and centralized information.
Important phone numbers:
NC Public Health Call Line: 1-866-462-3821 (Open 24/7)
2-1-1 (NC Resource Helpline, through United Way)
National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Granville Vance Public Health: 919-693-2141
Online tools have been launched by the NC Department of Health and Human Services:
- “Check My Symptoms” was implemented to help those with questions about getting tested: http://ncdhhs.gov/symptoms
- “Find My Testing Place” will help locate a testing site: http://ncdhhs.gov/testingplace.
Those struggling with food insecurity can:
- Sign up for assistance at http://CoronaCommunity.org
- Text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites for children. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
Child-related resources are also available through the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- A comprehensive guide for parents and caregivers on the Prevention of Child Abuse, provided by NCDHHS and Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina. The guide includes hotline numbers, free educational apps and games, online therapy programs and much more. Click here to access this helpful guide.
- The CDC is offering guidance for keeping children healthy during COVID-19. Click here to access this information.
To return to the Granville County Government home page, please click here: https://www.granvillecounty.org/