The Primary Purpose of the Adult Services unit is to locate, coordinate, and monitor appropriate services; and to provide preventive, supportive, and/or protective services to indigent adults and their families to enable them to function efficiently and independently within their own environment and in the community.
A wide range of services can be provided when serving the adult population. Some of which include:
- Protective Services (Screening/Intake, Evaluation and Planning/Mobilization)
- Day Care and Day Health Services
- Adult Placement Services (Adult Care Homes, Family Care Homes, Nursing Homes, etc.)
- Guardianship Services
- Representative Payee Services
- Case Management (Assessment, Planning, Monitoring, Linking/Referring, Assisting, Advocating, etc.)
- In-Home Aide Services – offered by Granville County DSS for someone who does not receive Medicaid. Granville County only has 1 slot available and there is usually a waiting list for this service as funds are limited.
For those who need assistance with blind and visually impaired challenges, the DHHS Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired has a social worker who is available on-site at Granville DSS every Wednesday and Friday.
To learn more about Adult Services in North Carolina visit DHHS Aging and Adult Services’ website.