Granville County participates in single stream recycling
(all recyclables go in the same container)
NO PLASTIC BAGS ACCEPTED WITH RECYCLING!
**Plastic Bags and other plastic wraps are accepted at all Food Lion stores and at WalMarts throughout the county. Receptacles are located at the front entrance of each store**
We have separate collection areas for a variety of other items at each site that are commonly used in households
- Used motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze
- Used Cooking Oil
- Clothing, shoes, textiles
- Tires (Butner and Oxford sites only)
- Electronics (Butner and Oxford sites only)
- Yard Debris (Butner and Oxford sites only)
**All Granville County Convenience sites accept mercury containing devices from Residents.**
- CFL(compact fluorescent bulbs), thermometers, and thermostats.
- Long light tubes/lamp bulbs only accepted at Oxford Landfill and Butner Convenience Site
For a list of locations visit the Convenience Site Services page.
Need More Information?
Teresa Baker – Recycle Coordinator (919) 725-1417
or Environmental Services at (919) 603-1354
Check out this fun video on composting.