Other Services Provided

Meet with a DSS representative while visiting the Granville County Public Library.

Voter Registration

Customers of the Department of Social Services can register to vote or change their voting information at the agency. Voter Registration forms are available at our office.

Customers may also choose to complete, print and sign a voter registration form and mail to:

Granville County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 83
Oxford, N.C. 27565

Youth Employment Certificates (Work Permits)

Work Permits are required for youths under 18 years of age who wish to work, unless there is an exemption from the youth employment requirements set forth by the North Carolina Wage and Hour Act.

The North Carolina Department of Labor has created an online application for youth to apply for work permits – YEC Auto. YEC Auto is a process designed to reduce wait time and paperwork for employees. When a youth contacts DSS, they will be instructed to go to the NC Labor Website where they will find all the instructions for completing the form. The youth will need access to a printer in order to complete the process online. There is no longer a need to go to a DSS office.

To obtain a Youth Employment Certificate online or learn more about Youth Employment in North Carolina, please visit the NC Department of Labor.




Back To Top