Crisis Intervention Program (CIP)

The Crisis Intervention Program serves individuals and families who are experiencing a heating or cooling related crisis. A household is in a crisis if it is currently experiencing, or is in danger of experiencing, a life-threatening or health-related emergency and sufficient, timely, and appropriate assistance is not available from any other source.

Life-threatening is defined as a household which has no heating or cooling source, or has a disconnect notice for their primary heating or cooling service, and the health or well-being of a household member would be in danger if the heating or cooling crisis was not alleviated.

For households without any heating or cooling:

Clients requesting air conditioners or kerosene heaters must provide a statement from a healthcare professional verifying a medical necessity for such requests due to a chronic medical condition.

Other sources to check for available funding prior to using CIP funding include: Energy Neighbor, Piedmont Electric Helping Hand or Wake Electric Round Up.

Energy Neighbor is funded 100% from monies contributed by Duke Energy Progress customers and employees and from corporate donations. Allocations are made only to counties that have Duke Energy Progress residential customers. Allocations are based on the number of Duke Energy Progress residential customers in each county. Counties spend the money until the funds are exhausted or until the end of the State fiscal year.

Piedmont Electric Helping Hand Program is funding to assist its members in emergency situations. These members must meet economic guidelines.

Wake Electric Round Up provides heating and cooling assistance to Wake Electric customers who reside in a county served by Wake Electric Membership Corporation.

For additional information regarding help with bills, please visit Emergency Assistance.

How to apply:

For in-person appointment or telephone interview, call 919-693-1511.

Granville County Department of Social Services
410 West Spring Street Oxford, NC 27565 or 2531 East Lyon Station Road, Creedmoor NC 27522

Mail applications to:

Granville County Department of Social Services

PO Box 966

Oxford, NC 27565







Back To Top