Reporting a Lost Pet

One of the first places to check if your pet goes missing is with the Granville County Animal Shelter. It’s possible that a citizen or an Animal Control Officer has found your pet and has brought it to the Shelter to temporary care and housing until the owner is located.

The Shelter has limited space, so it is important to call as soon as possible at 919-693-6749. You can also send an email to

Please let Animal Control staff know if you need help posting a flyer for your animal. It is  also recommended that you complete the Lost Pet Notification Form below:

Lost Pet Notification Form

  • Max. file size: 2 MB.















Back To Top