What do I need to do if I want to serve alcohol?
1) Obtain security from Sheriff’s Department
2) Hire bartender or caterer to control alcohol
3) Obtain Tenant Users Liability Insurance Protection Policy (TULIPP)
- At least $1,000,000 policy
- Include host liquor liability coverage naming Granville County as additional insured
- Carrier must agree to defend, save harmless, and indemnify Granville County from all financial loss, damage, or harm arising out of dispensing of alcoholic beverages
- Policy must remain in effect at least 72 hours after event ends
- Submit a copy of the policy to Granville County no less than 15 days before event
4) Possibly obtain ABC Permit (additional information available at http://ncabc.com/permits/special.aspx)
- Need ABC Permit if: Serving fortified wine and spirituous liquors -ORSelling alcohol (allowed only for nonprofits and political organizations)
- Do NOT need ABC Permit if: Serving free beer, unfortified wine, and champagne.
Am I required to hire security?
Security is required for the following: 1) Any event with alcohol 2) At least 100 attendees (one deputy for every 100 attendees) 3) If required by the County due to the size/nature of the event
Do I need liability insurance (Tenant Users Liability Insurance Protection Policy – TULIPP)?
Liability is required at least 15 days prior to the event for the following: 1) Any event with alcohol (see Alcohol section above) 2) Any event that will require security (at least $1,000,000 with Granville County as additional insured) 3) If required by the County due to the size/nature of the event
May I tape/nail/pin/staple items to the walls and furnishings? No.
May I use smoke dispensing equipment and/or light fires? No.
May I use candles? Only for birthday cakes, floating containers and hurricane globes. Prior approval is required for any other uses.
May I smoke in the facility? No. Only outside and away from public entrances and air vents.