Economic Assistance Available through Social Services

The Granville County Department of Social Services advises that two new initiatives have been introduced for public assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with economic assistance through traditional sources, these two initiatives have been put into place to assist families with energy bills and with food purchases for children.

P-EBT program: North Carolina has received assistance from the USDA to initiate a  Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program to assist families impacted by school closings during the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are available to help purchase food for children. Those who are eligible include: 1) school-age children who currently receive free or reduced lunch; 2) children receiving Food and Nutrition Services benefits; and 3) non-FNS households. There is no application process to receive P-EBT benefits. To find out more about the P-EBT program, please contact the EBT Call Center at 1-888-622-7328, download the ebtEDGE mobile app at, or go to the DHHS website at

To safely serve customers who need assistance, the Department of Social Services is accepting applications for Food and Nutrition assistance, Medicaid, Work First Family Assistance or other DSS Services online, by phone or by mail.

In-person services are by appointment only, limiting persons in the lobby and in the building to follow social distancing guidelines. Most interviews will be conducted by phone.

Click here to go directly to the home page for the Granville County Department of Social Services.






Back To Top