To better serve and protect residents who need assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Granville County Department of Social Services (DSS) is now accepting applications online, by phone, by fax, by email or by mail. As of May 19, 2021, in-person economic services continue to be available by appointment, in order to limit persons in the lobby and in the building at one time. Interviews can also be conducted by phone.
- To apply by phone, please call 919-693-1511.
- To submit a completed application by fax, please send application to 919-693-1106.
- To submit a completed application by email, please send application to email@example.com
- To apply online, please visit https://www.granvillecounty.org/residents/social-services.
- To apply by mail, send application to P.O. Box 966, Oxford, NC, 27565 or drop off at 410 West Spring Street in Oxford. (There are drop boxes available in the foyer of the Social Services Building (8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.) and outside (24 hours per day, 7 days per week.)
Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) applications can be submitted by mail, by drop-off at agency, or by fax. Online applications are also accepted through https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application. Telephone interviews are available.
Medicaid (NC Health Benefits) applications can be submitted by mail, by drop-off at agency, or by fax. Online applications are available at https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application, at firstname.lastname@example.org, at email@example.com, and at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone interviews can also be arranged.
Applications for Work First Family Assistance/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) may be submitted online at http://ePass.nc.gov. For paper applications to be completed and mailed back, please contact Granville County Social Services at 919-693-1511.
Emergency Assistance (Work First EA) applications, as well as applications for the Crisis Intervention Program (CIP), are also available. Contact the DSS office for a mailed application or for a telephone interview. For non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT), contact Granville County Social Services to schedule an interview by phone.
All printed applications are available to be picked up at the lobby self-service area at 410 West Spring Street in Oxford.
Applications for Child Support Services are available online at https://ncchildsupport.com/ecoa/ and in the lobby self-service area at 122 Williamsboro Street in Oxford.
To learn more about the economic assistance programs offered through Granville County’s Department of Social Services, please visit www.granvillecounty.org or call 919-693-1511.