All four branches of the Granville County Library System have implemented measures to reduce risk of virus exposure to patrons and staff. Measures that are being taken include:
- All events and programs schedule through the Granville County Library System are cancelled until further notice;
- Meeting rooms will not be available for public use until the state of emergency is lifted;
- All services to nursing homes and assisted living centers have been postponed until further notice;
- Computers and seating have been reconfigured in observance of the “social distancing” recommendation by health officials;
- Legos, toys and kits from the children’s area will not be available for use until further notice;
- Deadlines for all materials currently checked out will be automatically extended;
- Cash handling is limited.
In addition, patrons are encouraged to return books via the book drop box, outside of the library facilities, when possible, and are reminded that E-books are also available.
These measures have been approved by the Granville County Board of Commissioners and are now in effect.
While all four libraries remain open, please note that operating hours at your local branch may change. For questions or for more information, please call:
Richard H. Thornton Library, Oxford: 919-693-1121
South Branch Library, Creedmoor: 919-528-1752
Stovall Branch Library: 919-693-5722
Berea Branch Library: 919-693-1231
Click here to visit the Granville County Library System’s website: