Residents of Granville County should be on the lookout for the 2019 tax listing forms. The listing period is during the month of January..
The following items should be listed if owned as of January 1, 2019:
- All new construction and improvements made to real property during 2018;
- Unregistered vehicle (registered or licensed vehicles should NOT be listed);
- Business personal property, including IRP, multi-year or permanently-tagged vehicles/trailers;
- Non-household personal property such as boats and motors, jet skis, planes, etc..
Failing to list during before Jan. 31, 2019 will result in a 10 percent late listing penalty of the tax levied. All listings, including those submitted by mail, should be received in the Granville County Tax Department or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service within the listing period.
Application deadlines for exemptions include:
- Elderly, disabled or circuit breaker – Jan. 1 through June 1, 2019;
- Present use value deferments and all other exemptions, Jan. 1 through Jan. 31, 2019;
Applications may be obtained from the Tax Department.
The Granville County Tax Department staff will be available for assistance during the listing period, Monday through Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. at 141 Williamsboro Street in Oxford.
For more information, contact the Granville County Tax Department at 919-693-4181.