Granville County participates in single stream recycling (all recyclables go in the same container)
NO PLASTIC BAGS ACCEPTED IN WITH RECYCLING
**Plastic Bags and other plastic wraps are accepted at all Food Lions and WalMarts through out the county at the front entrance of their stores**
We have separate collection areas for a variety of other items at each site that are commonly used in households
- Computers, TV’s, electronics,
- Used motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze
- Used Cooking Oil
- Clothing, shoes, textiles
- Tires (Butner & Oxford Sites Only)
- Yard Debris (Butner & Oxford sites Only)
**All Granville County Convenience sites accept mercury containing devices from Residents.**
- CFL(compact fluorescent bulbs), thermometers, and thermostats.
- Long light tubes/lamp bulbs only accepted at Oxford Landfill and Butner Convenience Site
For a list of locations visit the Convenience Site Services page.
Need More Information?
Teresa Baker – Recycle Coordinator (919)725-1417 or Environmental Services at (919) 603-1354
Check out this fun video on composting.