Trash & Recycling



Our County participates in single stream or co-mingled recycling at all seven convenience center locations. Recyclable materials are placed in the same container together, with the exception of  cardboard.  There is a separate location for corrugated cardboard  at each convenience center. There are separate containers for a variety of other materials accepted at each site that are commonly used in households that do not go in the same container with the single stream materials.

Waste Industries customers also participate in single stream recycling – The same materials accepted in the residential carts are accepted at the convenience sitesmore-than-you-think_granvillemore-than-you-think_granvillepg2

 **Plastic Bags and other plastic wraps are accepted at all Food Lions through out the county at the front entrance of their stores**

**All Granville County Convenience sites  accept mercury containing devices from households.** Materials include: fluorescent lights, CFL bulbs, thermometers, and thermostats. The Oxford Landfill and the Butner Convenience Site accept light tubes/lamp bulbs for recycling in addition to the materials listed above.  Please call Environmental Services at (919) 603-1354 for more information or Teresa Baker Recycle & Sustainability Coordinator (919)725-1417.

For a list of locations visit the Convenience Site Services page. 


Check out this fun video on composting.


Back To Top