Information and fees
The Construction and Demolition Landfill (C&D) is located at 6584 Landfill Road, Oxford, NC 27565.
The disposal cost for all in-county waste is $40.00/ton and $42.00/ton for out of county waste.
The disposal fee for a single wide mobile home is $250.00 and $500.00 for a double wide.
The landfill is an enterprise fund that operates solely on user fees, not taxes.
The landfill is open M – F 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. The C&D Landfill is closed on Saturdays. However; grass clippings, brush, tires, metal and other recyclable materials are accepted on Saturdays, 8:00 am-12:00 noon.
- Land clearing debris as defined in G.S. 130A-290, specifically solid waste which is generated solely from land clearing activities, such as stumps, trees, etc.;
- Inert debris defined as solid waste which consists primarily of material that is virtually inert, such as brick, concrete, rock and clean soil;
- Asphalt in accordance with G.S. 130-294 (m);
- Construction and demolition debris defined as solid waste resulting solely from construction, remodeling, repair or demolition operations on pavement, buildings or other structures;
- Construction and demolition like waste from industrial sources within the County such as shingles from a shingle manufacturer and mobile home debris from a mobile home manufacturer.
Click here to return to the Solid Waste homepage.