There are several different types of medical coverage for Families and Children, depending on their specific needs. To qualify, you must meet program specific criteria as well as general criteria, some of which include:
- you must have a Social Security number or you have applied for one
- you are a U.S. citizen or qualified alien
- you live in North Carolina
- that your income meets the program requirements for which you are applying
MIC – Medicaid for Infants and Children is coverage for children under the age of 19 whose parents’ income falls under the specified percentage of the Federal guidelines.
NCHC – North Carolina Health Choice for Children is a program designed for children from the age of 6 years to 19 years that do not qualify for Medicaid.
*Please note that this program comes with a free or reduced yearly fee.
For more information on NCHC visit the DHHS website.
MAF – Medicaid for Families with Dependent Children is coverage for parents or caretakers who have children under the age of 19 living in their household and for children ages 19 & 20.
MPW – Medicaid for Pregnant Women covers pregnant women whose income falls under the specified percentage of Federal guidelines.
FPP – Family Planning Medicaid is a program designed for individuals to be able to have access to planning services to help reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies.
Criteria to meet FPP include:
- no age restriction
- must be ineligible for other aid programs
- can not be receiving Medicare
- must meet all financial and non-financial eligibility requirements
Download, complete and sign the application
Mail or Drop-Off:
Granville County Department of Social Services