Granville County is Updating the Comprehensive Plan
Granville County is updating its Comprehensive Plan. The project presents an opportunity for residents, businesses and other stakeholders to have a say in the County’s future growth, development, and quality of life. An effective Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map will help shape the vision and reflect the unique identity of the community. The Plan will analyze current conditions, establish goals, and create strategies relevant to land use, transportation, utilities, natural resources, recreation, economic development, and more.
Draft Plan Available for Review
A draft of the Granville County Comprehensive Plan is available for review and comment at: https://stewart-eng.sharefile.com/d-s588685b0ca648f2b
Please review the plan and send comments via this short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DraftGranvillePlan
The project is almost completed! We met our goal for late summer 2018! For a detailed schedule see the link at: Schedule_2018_08_21
- Online – Visit the Granville County home page http://www.granvillecounty.org/ and scroll to find the link to the Comprehensive Plan. You can like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Plan4Granville. Here you will find upcoming public meetings, relevant articles of interest, and more!
- Talk with your local Steering Committee member – Granville County commissioners have appointed a steering committee composed of representatives from throughout the county. These members come from a variety of backgrounds and are tasked with assisting the county in the development of the plan. For a list of steering committee members see the pdf at: Steering Committee
- Email/Call Us – Barry Baker, Granville County Planning Director, email@example.com 919.603.1334 or Jake Petrosky, Project Manager, Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org 919.866.4812 or Kathy Morris, Secretary, CompPlan@granvillecounty.org 919.603.1331.
- Study Area Map
- More information on Comprehensive Plans: Guide to Comprehensive Plans
- Granville County Comprehensive Plan (2002). Previously adopted comprehensive plan that is currently being updated.
- The results from the surveys can be viewed at the following links: Public_Survey_Results and GranvilleSurvey2_Data_All_Results_180712
- Land Use Scenarios The comprehensive plan is looking at different ways for the county to grow. This pdf explains the 4 scenarios under consideration and illustrates potential benefits and impacts of each way of growing. Information gathered at the steering committee, public meetings and through Survey #2 will help craft a “Preferred Scenario” that will guide growth and development in the future.