Granville County is Updating the Comprehensive Plan
Granville County is updating its Comprehensive Plan. The project presents an opportunity for residents, businesses and other stakeholders to have a say in the County’s future growth, development, and quality of life. An effective Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map will help shape the vision and reflect the unique identity of the community. The Plan will analyze current conditions, establish goals, and create strategies relevant to land use, transportation, utilities, natural resources, recreation, economic development, and more.
The project is just beginning and the goal is to complete the Plan in late summer 2018. For a detailed schedule see the link at: Schedule.
- Attend public meetings – There will be multiple rounds of open house style public workshops with interactive exercises to provide input on the Comprehensive Plan. The first two meetings will be on January 30, 2018 and February 1, 2018. For more information on meeting times and locations see the Visioning Workshop Flyer.
- Online – Visit the Granville County home page http://www.granvillecounty.org/ and scroll to find the link to the Comprehensive Plan. You can like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Plan4Granville. Here you will find upcoming public meetings, a survey, relevant articles of interest, and more!
- Survey – Early in 2018, there will be an opportunity to take a short online survey. The survey will be available for 30-60 days and the input will be used to inform goals and policies in the plan. Printed copies also will be available.
- Talk with your local Steering Committee member – Granville County commissioners have appointed a steering committee composed of representatives from throughout the county. These members come from a variety of backgrounds and are tasked with assisting the county in the development of the plan. For a list of steering committee members see the pdf at: Steering Committee List
- Email/Call Us – Barry Baker, Granville County Planning Director, firstname.lastname@example.org 919.603.1334 or Jake Petrosky, Project Manager, Stewart, email@example.com 919.866.4812 or Kathy Morris, Secretary, CompPlan@granvillecounty.org 919.603.1331.