Granville County’s Parks and Recreation Programming Funds are used to facilitate the development and support of active and passive recreation and leisure activities for Granville County residents. The objective is to make these activities available to as many residents, and from as broad a spectrum of residents, as possible. Recreation programming should seek to serve all age groups. The Granville County Recreation Advisory Committee Bylaws prohibit discrimination in the use of funds.
The 2017-2018 grant application period runs July 1, 2017-September 29, 2017. All applications must be submitted by September 29 by 5 pm. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person/by mail to the County Manager’s Office. Grant information sessions will be held throughout cycle.
For more information, contact Charla Duncan, Granville County Grants Coordinator, at 919-603-1366 or at email@example.com.
The grant application is available as a:
The funding priorities for 2017-2018 are:
- Areas outside of large municipal limits
- Areas not in close proximity to existing recreational facilities, especially those of like kind
- Walking trails
- ADA and inclusive recreation equipment and recreation for youth and adults of varying needs
- Dog parks
- Bicycle trails
- Picnic shelters and tables
- Frisbee/disc golf
- Parks, facilities, and activities that do not require a membership fee
- Open park space for family friendly activities/passive recreation
For more information or for help with the application, contact Charla Duncan, the Grants Coordinator in the County Manager’s Office, at 919-693-5240 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.