The Volunteer Service Award Nomination Form is available in three formats:
For assistance with the nomination form, or for more information, contact the Granville County Manager’s Office at 919-693-5240.
GRANVILLE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD
Administered by: The Granville County Manager’s Office
Nomination and Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
- Nominees must have been engaged in volunteer activities for a minimum of one year in Granville County and benefited a community or communities in the county in a substantial, important or unique way. Volunteer service performed outside the county will not be considered.
- Students receiving course credits for their volunteer activities are ineligible unless the nomination is based on volunteer service that extends beyond the course requirements, in which case it must be clearly indicated in the nomination section.
- National Service volunteers must be nominated for service above and beyond that which is required of them in their national service program. Volunteer time recorded in a national service program will not be eligible.
- Previous award recipients from within the past 3 years are ineligible.
- Nomination cannot be based upon court-mandated community service.
- Self-nominations are not allowable.
- Group/team and corporate volunteerism nominations must be made by those external to the group/team or corporation/business.
- All nomination submission requirements listed below must be met.
Important Submission Requirements
- All nominations must be submitted on the Granville County Board of Commissioners Volunteer Service Award Nomination Form.
- Only fully completed nomination forms will be accepted. Two references are required for each nomination.
- The nomination form must be signed and dated by the nominator and both references.
- This is an ongoing nomination. Nominations should be sent to the Attention of the Granville County Clerk to the Board by the first day of each month at PO Box 906, Oxford, NC 27565.
- Award selections are based on the nominee’s volunteer efforts and commitment of time, accomplishments, community impact, and enhancement of the lives of others, as described on the nomination form.
- Nominations are received and evaluated at the county level. There is a limit of 5 nominations per county meeting.
- The County Manager’s office and the associated advisory board(s) will select award recipients based on merit and eligibility. Recipients are selected without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, or physical/mental disability.
Type of Nomination:
- Individual: An individual who volunteers.
- Family: A family that volunteers together on the same project(s).
- Group/Team: A group or team of two or more people that volunteer together on the same project(s).
Type of Volunteer Work Performed:
- Veteran/Military Families: An individual or group who has provided volunteer service to military families or veterans.
- Mentor: An individual volunteer who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to working with youth (ages 18 and younger) in a mentoring capacity.
- Beautification: An individual, family group/team, youth or senior that volunteers in efforts that beautify the County; such as Litter Pickup, Landscaping work, etc.
- Disaster: An individual, family, group/team, youth or senior who volunteers in disaster preparedness, response, recovery, or mitigation activities.
- Animal Welfare: An individual, family, group/team, youth or senior that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to volunteering with or for animals.
- County Heritage: An individual, family, group/team, youth or senior that volunteers through restoring and preserving our local heritage.
- Perseverance in Volunteerism: An individual volunteer who has overcome significant personal obstacles (cognitive and/or physical) in order to engage in service to others.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who has exhibited a lifelong commitment to volunteerism and community service. Nominees must have made a substantial and long-term sustained impact in the community as a result of their service efforts.