Granville County Board of Elections to conduct educational seminar on voter ID requirement. VOTER ID FORUM
The Board of Elections consists of five board members: James A. Wall, Sr. (Chairman), Bonnie C. Breedlove (Secretary), Sharyn C. Alvarez (Member), Diane L. Garrison (Member) and Kay W. Wiggins (Member). The Board Members are appointed by the State Board of Elections, with the exception of the Chairman, who is appointed by the Governor. The staff includes Tonya C. Burnette (Director of Elections), Lorraine LeGates (Deputy Director), and Dorothy Greene (Elections Clerk). Together, the Board of Elections works diligently to conduct fair and impartial elections; the Board of Elections works to make sure that every citizen has the right to vote in an election.
Duties and responsibilities involved in running the Board of Elections:
- provide statistical information to the public,students, and universities
- produce lists and mailing labels for candidates, parties, insurance agents, and businesses
- process voter registration forms from the public and from agencies such as Social Services, DMV, Employment Security Commission, and the library
- appoint and train precinct election officials
- maintain the voter registration database by removing deceased voters and felons based on state lists, and voters who have moved out of the county or state.
- educate the public by presenting information relating to voter registration and election laws
- ensure that all polling places are surveyed and are ADA compliant
- mail absentee ballots to civilian voters, and mail or fax absentee ballots to military voters who request them
- provide accurate maps to the public.
- provide our community with the tools they need to learn more about elections.
Granville County Board of Elections